Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness.
Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and decor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks with thatch grass roof’s under tall Marula and Leadwood treas. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink.
Did you know?
• In an effort to keep our environmental impact to a minimum, we operate only with solar & gas energy.
• We offer day and night game drives in open 4x4 vehicles, as well as walking safaris. We are also permitted to drive off-road for special sightings
• Our concession area within this beautiful Timbavati reserve allows us to offer an authentic safari experience, in a true wilderness area
• There is also an opportunity to book a Sleep-Out experience. The Sleep Out Hide is built overlooking the main dam at Shindzela. This is a “back to basics”, adventurous experience, and ideal for those who are dedicated nature enthusiasts.
• The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is part of the greater Kruger National Park, and is home to over 40 mammal species, including Africa’s “Big Five” animals (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant).Other game that you may see whilst on safari include hyena, jackal, giraffe, hippo, wild dog, zebra, kudu and impala, to mention just a few. There are also over 350 bird species recorded in the Reserve.
Each tent is furnished with the following:
1. Wooden entrance door to bedroom and bathroom
2. Adjustable canvas flaps for windows and mesh to keep the insects out.
3. Solar main and bedside lights
4. Bed side tables, chest of drawers and open style hanging rail with hangers.
5. Mosquito nets and amenities (body lotions, body wash, insect repellent and hand soap)
6. All bedding and towels
7. 2 x single beds or 1 x queen size bed
8. Doom spray and peaceful sleep spray, to keep the mosquitoes out
9. En-suite bathrooms with shower, flush toilet and hand basin (hot and cold running water) – Gas powered
10. Corner stand fan
The general bush camp area encompasses of a covered (thatch/grass roof) safari style dining & lounge area, kitchen, staff accommodation and a central African fireplace (boma) – a perfect spot to relive safari experiences around the fire. Your African safari is hosted by a guide and tracker, and the camp is owner managed. We do operate a bar, where guests can ask their guide/tracker for a drink, all drinks can be settled in cash/credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) at camp upon check out. We have deliberately decided to keep the camp undeveloped, so as to better blend in to the environment, and offer guests an undisturbed wilderness experience.
- Walking safaris
- Game drives
- Big 5 area
Traveler Rating: Not yet reviewed by any member...
You can be the first one to write a review for Shindzela Safari Camp!
Shindzela Safari Camp is located in Kruger National Park Timbavati. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Shindzela Safari Camp reviews. Book Shindzela Safari Camp online and Save!