Protea Hotel Chingola offers a choice of 40 well-appointed, air-conditioned and en-suite rooms with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, telephone and DSTV. The Restaurant offers a mouth-watering selection of menus, while the pub has a delightful variety of cocktails and drinks for a relaxed social get-together. After a long day, you can unwind and relax over sundowners on the terrace, next to the swimming pool. Conference and banqueting facilities are available for up to 120 delegates, while the gardens make an ideal venue for weddings, private parties and banquets.
Sport and leisure activities include golf, horseriding, fishing and free membership of the nearby Golf Club for GUESTS. The Postnet Business Centre will help with all office and secretarial services that the international businessman may require, travel arrangements and car hire can be arranged by Trek Africa and budget Car Rentals, while the Curio Shop offers an opportunity for purchasing of gifts and curios.
The Protea Hotels Chingola is a moderate deluxe, city hotel that offers a choice of 40 well-appointed and self-contained rooms (10 double rooms and 30 twin rooms), designed to provide comfort and convenience in the unique Protea tradition. Cots are also available on request.
1. Chingola is best known for the Konkola Copper Mines, open to visiting. If you're a golfing enthusiast, it said that Nchanga Golf course in Chingola is one of the most beautiful and well kept courses in Africa.
2. A must if you're this far north is a visit to Chimfunshi Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the largest and most famous chimpanzee orphanage in the world. Founded in 1983, it is home to 70 chimps rescued from Central Africa and the world over. A visit to Chimfunshi is a fascinating and often emotional experience and well worth an excursion.
3. Other places to visit - Ndola (100kms): the Copperbelt Museum in Buteko Avenue has many interesting samples of the minerals found here, as well as cultural arts and crafts. It also sells local curios and copper items.
4. Lake Chilengwa, lying about sixteen kilometres southeast of Ndola is one of two sunken lakes found on the Copperbelt. The other being the 100 meter deep Lake Kashiba, which offers superb birdwatching. The country boast a wide and varied range of species - well over 700 at the last count. All the major national parks (South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi and Kafue) are excellent for birdwatching.
5. The Luano Dam - situated on a private farm on thebanks of the Kafue River (20 minutes drive away), offers GUESTS exclusive use of its fishing facilities. Take a fishing rod and you might catch a bream or barbel while enjoying a picnic or snack lunch organised by the hotel. (Transport available from hotel).
6. Hippo Pools - a long-time favourite fishing spot for locals, these pools are on the Kafue river and just out of town, 10 minutes away from the hotel.
7. Hot Springs - close to town, in Kapisha, with very hot water!
Traveler Rating: Not yet reviewed by any member...
You can be the first one to write a review for Protea Hotel Chingola!
Protea Hotel Chingola is located in Zambia Chingola. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Protea Hotel Chingola reviews. Book Protea Hotel Chingola online and Save!