The elegantly gabled Blue Bay Lodge is built only meters above the wide-stretched beaches of Saldanha Bay; a tranquil South African fishing village lying approximately 120 kilometers North of the legendarily beautiful Cape Town. Situated in the relaxing privacy of the resort, the hotel offers guests a relaxing visit in comfortable accommodation, as well as a wide range of services and activities.
"Relaxation" is our tagline. Far away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Blue Bay Lodge gives guests the opportunity to relax and unwind. Whether your idea of relaxation might be having a glass of wine overlooking the bay, reading your book while listening to the sound of the waves or taking a long walk along the beach, Blue Bay Lodge offers some kind of relaxation for everyone.
The hotel has comfortable, three star 'en suite' rooms, broad terraces where drinks are served to guests as they relax watching whales and porpoises glide by, before being served delicious meals in its charming a la carte restaurant, the well known 'Blue Bay Café'.
Blue Bay Lodge is adjoined by a number of self-catering beach side cottages, all secure within the resort. Each cottage is comfortably furnished and fully equipped, ideal for the quest who would just like to kick back and relax. The cottages are also pet friendly so you can bring your pups on holiday with you if you’re booked into the self catering units.
Corporate delegates who come here frequently to meet and discuss issues of interest in one of our fully equipped conference rooms, appreciate the privacy and tranquility the lodge has to offer. Another of the services is 'team building'. Company management teams or private groups get together to get to know each other better within Blue Bay Lodge and its natural environs. Meals and accommodation in the hotel or the cottages are part of the package.
Whether it's a peaceful weekend break, a holiday with your family, or a well-catered, private conference that you need, take a relaxing drive down the West Coast road - the R27 - where you will find that Blue Bay Lodge has it all.
* Tennis Court
* Swimming Pool
Other in-house Activities
* Trampoline and kids play park
* An á la carte Restaurant with ladies bar open daily from 6:30 to 22:00.
* Saldanha is a great spot for water activities such as sailing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
* Boat launching site for jet skis, boats and hobie cats.
* Beach hiking trails in and around Saldanha. Please enquire at the Reception for maps or a tour guide who can assist you at a nominal fee.
* Cycling trails in and around Saldanha. Please enquire at the Reception for maps or a tour guide who can assist you at a nominal fee.
* Cocktail bar
Outside the Lodge
* The West Coast National Park, rich of Cape fynbos and wildlife.
* The Fossil Park.
* Buffelsfontein, a private game park with blue wildebeest and giraffes.
* Guided nature walks, bird watching and the multi-flower extravaganza during spring.
* 3 golf courses, sailing, wind and kite surfing, sea kayaking, Stand up Paddling (SUP), squash, deep-
sea fishing, scuba diving and organised boat trips.
* Club Mykonos Casino
* Olifantskop who offer horseback riding.
* Strandloper open air seafood restaurant.*
* Thali-Thali game reserve for game viewing
* Various wine farms in and around Darling
* Darling Brew beer tasting
* Various restaurants and golf courses in the immediate area
* Yacht cruise with elite charters
Traveler Rating: Not yet reviewed by any member...
You can be the first one to write a review for Blue Bay Lodge!
Blue Bay Lodge is located in Western Cape Saldanha. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Blue Bay Lodge reviews. Book Blue Bay Lodge online and Save!